DAY 1 | Sept. 18. U.S. / Guayaquil, Ecuador
Depart U.S. and arrive in Guayaquil by late evening. Overnight at Hotel Hilton Colón.
DAY 2 | Sept. 19. Guayaquil / Galápagos / Embark
This morning fly to Galápagos and embark ship. (B, L, D)
DAYS 3-8 | Sept. 20-25. Galápagos Islands
A new island to explore daily over the course of our expedition. And the promise of genuine discovery every day. Routing is subject to Galápagos National Park approval—but our in-depth knowledge of the geography guarantees days steeped in joy, wonder, and engaging activities. (B, L, D)
Here is a representative sampling of islands we may visit during your week on board.
- Bartolomé: This is an enchanting landscape where lava, mangroves, and golden sand converge. Great walks and views abound, with a chance to snorkel with Galápagos penguins.
- Santiago: Santiago offers close encounters with Galápagos fur seals along with an opportunity to study the inhabitants of this island’s countless tide pools.
- Santa Cruz: Learn about vital preservation work being done at the Charles Darwin Research Station. Then, head up into the highlands to roam the moss-draped landscape where wild giant tortoises forage.
- Isabela: Enjoy a challenging hike over a rugged area ofshoreline, then inland through a land iguana nestingsite. Walking, birding, kayaking, and snorkeling options are on offer.
- Fernandina: This is the youngest island in the Galápagos. Discover the marine iguana haven of Punta Espinoza, and take in the dramatic backdrop of Isabela’s volcanoes off in the distance.
- Floreana: Snorkel among sea lions in the clear waters off Champion Islet. We may also find flamingos, pintail ducks, and various shorebirds. Hike to a pristine white-sand beach, a favorite nesting site for sea turtles.
- Española: The exclusive home to particularly colorful marine iguanas and the most inquisitive mockingbirds in the islands. Española is also a paradise for Darwin’s finches, sea lions galore, and the famous blue-footed boobies. Snorkel and stroll along the island’s lovely beaches.
DAY 9 | Sept. 26. Galápagos / Disembark / Guayaquil
Disembark and fly to Guayaquil. The late afternoon and evening are free to explore the bustling port city. Overnight at Hotel Hilton Colón. (B)
DAY 10 | Sept. 27. Guayaquil / Home
After breakfast, transfer to the airport for flights home. (B)